Presidential Physician: Benjamin Rush
- Medical school: University of Edinburgh, 1768
- There are several books about Rush:
- Benjamin Rush: Patriot and Physician, by Alyn Brodsky. NY: Truman Talley Books/St. Martin's Press, 2004. ISBN 0-312-30911-2. (Review is in JAMA. 2005;292:1085.)
- Benjamin Rush: Revolutionary Gadfly, by David T. Hawke, 1971
- Benjamin Rush, Physician and Citizen, 1746-1813, by Nathan G. Goodman. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1934.
- Revolutionary Doctor: Benjamin Rush, 1746-1813, by Carl Binger. New York: Norton, 1966.
- Rush University and it's Rush Medical College (in Chicago) are named after him.
- Biographical article from The Washington Star 1976. View article (Note: The Star folded long ago. I'm guessing this article has no active copyright.)
- Roos CA. Physicians to the Presidents, and their patients: a bibliography. Bull Med Library Assoc. 1961; 49(3): 291-360.