Presidential Physician: William Holland Wilmer
- Medical school: University of Virginia, 1885
- Wilmer had a private ophthalmology practice in Washington, DC for many years.
- The Wilmer Opthalmological Institute at Johns Hopkins is named after Wilmer. The Institute has Wilmer's examination chair, which the posteriors of several Presidents occupied over time.
- Wilmer was instrumental in founding aviation medicine as a bona fide medical specialty in the United States during World War I.
- Roos CA. Physicians to the Presidents, and their patients: a bibliography. Bull Med Library Assoc. 1961; 49(3): 291-360.