Presidential Physician: Robert King Stone
- Medical school: University of Pennsylvania, 1845
- Stone was the Lincoln family physician during the White House years.
- He was a Princeton alumnus who had furthered his medical education in Europe, emphasizing eye diseases.
- Stone's medical records for the Lincolns, if any ever existed, have not been found. A disparaging remark about Mary and a praiseworthy remark about Abraham have survived. (Burlingame: Inner World of Abraham Lincoln)
- Photo appears in [Kunhardt p92]
- Roos CA. Physicians to the Presidents, and their patients: a bibliography. Bull Med Library Assoc. 1961; 49(3): 291-360.
- Crellin JK. Robert King Stone, M.D., physician to Abraham Lincon. Illinois Med J. 1979;155:97-99.
- Kunhardt DM, Kunhardt PB Jr. Twenty Days: A Narrative in Text and Pictures of the Assassination of Abraham Lincoln and the Twenty Days and Nights That Followed. New York: Castle Books, 1965.
- Shutes MH. Lincoln and the Doctors: A Medical Narrative of the Life of Abraham Lincoln. New York: Pioneer Press, 1933.