Presidential Physician: Robert Grossman
- Medical school: Columbia University
- Residency in General Surgery at Strong Memorial Hosptial, Rochester, NY.
- Residency in Neurological Surgery at New York Presbyterian Hospital of Columbia University, NY.
- Grossman was a neurosurgeon on staff at Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas when Kennedy was brought in. Grossman and his boss, Dr. Kemp Clark, examined Kennedy's head wound and immediately concluded it was not survivable.
- Out of concern for his family's safety, Grossman remained mute for decades about his experience with Kennedy.
- Chairman of the Department of Neurosurgery, Baylor College of Medicine, as of 2004.
- King, Lila. Witness to history: surgeon recalls treating JFK as he died. CNN.com. November 23, 2003. http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/11/21/jfk.physician/index.html
- American Medical Association physician database, October 5, 2004.