Presidential Physician: Leonard Wood
- Medical school: Harvard University Medical School, 1884
- MG, USA
- Congressional Medal of Honor, 1898
- Commissioned as medical officer, but was given line command in 1898: commanding officer of the 1st Volunteer Cavalry, "The Rough Riders." Theodore Roosevelt was his second-in-command.
- Chief of Staff, US Army, 1910
- Fort Leonard Wood, an active-duty Army post in Missouri, is named after him.
- Candidate for President, 1920, but (barely) failed to get Republican nomination.
- Died of brain tumor. Harvey Cushing performed the operation.
- Roos CA. Physicians to the Presidents, and their patients: a bibliography. Bull Med Library Assoc. 1961; 49(3): 291-360.