Presidential Physician: Robert Beart
- Beart was a general and colorectal surgeon at the Mayo Clinic.
- He performed a colonoscopy and colonoscopic polypectomy on Reagan in either 1985 or 1986. This was after the operation to remove cancer from Reagan's colon.
- Beart performed another colonoscopy and colonoscopic polypectomy on the afternoon of Jan. 4, 1987, as a follow-up to the earlier cancer operation.
- Beart assisted with the modified mastectomy performed on Mrs. Reagan on Oct. 17, 1987.
- Beahrs, Oliver H. The medical history of President Ronald Reagan. J Am Coll Surg. 1994;178:86-96.