Presidential Physician: Charles H. Crane
- Medical school: Harvard University, 1847
- Crane was then Assistant Surgeon General of the United States [Kunhardt p92] [Henry pp32, 77].
- Crane became Surgeon General of the Army in or after April 1883, but died in October of that year [Henry p77].
- Photo appears in [Kunhardt p92] and in [Henry p15]
- Roos CA. Physicians to the Presidents, and their patients: a bibliography. Bull Med Library Assoc. 1961; 49(3): 291-360.
- Henry RS. The Armed Forces Institute of Pathology: Its First Century, 1862-1962. Washington: U.S. Government Printing Office, 1964.
- Kunhardt DM, Kunhardt PB Jr. Twenty Days: A Narrative in Text and Pictures of the Assassination of Abraham Lincoln and the Twenty Days and Nights That Followed. New York: Castle Books, 1965.