Presidential Physician: Philip D. Wilson
- Medical school: Harvard University, 1912
- Wilson was an orthopedic surgeon at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York.
- Wilson consulted on Kennedy's back problems in January 1954, but was apparently reluctant to recommend surgery.
- Wilson operated on Kennedy's back in October 1954, performing a lumbosacral fusion. He included JFK as case #3 in an article in the Archives of Surgery.
- Marion, Robert. Was George Washington Really the Father of Our Country?. Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley, 1994; 188-189.
- Nicholas JA, Burstein CL, Umberger CJ, Wilson PD. Management of adrenocortical insufficiency during surgery. AMA Archives of Surgery. 1955; 71: 737-742.